"It plays like a professional instrument and has all the on-board electronics to complement the fact" — dv247 Magazine • October 2011
A superb, next generation, small-bodied, electro-acoustic guitar designed in collaboration with Brian May, the BMG Rhapsody features a distinctive RS-style double cutaway design and serious quality Fishman on-board electrics.
This new, upgraded 2020 version of the Rhapsody now features the Fishman Flex Blend system - incorporating a Sonicore under-saddle pickup for true acoustic reproduction and a soundhole mounted condenser microphone for an additional level of dynamic sound quality. The discrete Flex Series preamp includes a volume control, pickup blend, chromatic LED tuner with mute, phase switch, and a variable semi-parametric EQ control that allows players to choose either a natural, flat sound (with no EQ) or dial in a “scooped” tone with progressively emphasized treble and bass, and a reduced midrange response, dependent on their playing style.
With its compact dimensions, road-ready construction and a crisp, versatile sound, the Rhapsody makes an ideal travel companion, songwriting partner and first-call studio instrument with a delivery and performance fit for any professional stage.
The BMG Rhapsody Features
- Natural Gloss Finish Solid Spruce Top
- Sapele Back & Sides with Ivory Binding
- Luan Neck with Dual Action Trussrod
- Edge Bound Techwood Fingerboard
- 24 Fret + Zero Fret
- Techwood Bridge with PPC Saddle and Ebony Bridge Pins
- Chrome Open-Gear Machineheads with Ebony Tuner Buttons
- Fishman Sonicore Under-Saddle Pickup
- Fishman Soundhole Mounted Electret-Condenser Cardioid Microphone
- Fishman Flex Blend Onboard Preamp
- Fitted with D'Addario EXP-16 Acoustic Strings
- Includes Padded Soft Case with Embroidered Brian May Guitars Logo
Fishman Flex Blend Electronics
Style, elegance and intuitive design are the hallmarks of Fishman’s Flex Series. With a discrete, feature-packed footprint, the highly detailed and stylized knobs have been designed with ergonomics, elegance and function in mind, offering precision performance and a smooth feel.
- Volume Control
- Chromatic LED Tuner with Automatic Mute
- One-knob Rotary Tone Control with Phase Switch
- Blend Control
- 1/4" Combination 9 Volt Battery Box
Brian May Guitars
The Acoustic Centre and the House Music Group have had a long association with Dr. Brian May - the Brit guitar legend has been a loyal customer and friend for many years, even going so far as to cut the ribbon for the grand opening of their London City branch. The store - along with the Bass Centre - was also a major supplier of kit for the West End and touring productions of the smash hit Queen musical "We Will Rock You".
More prominently, Brian and his long serving guitar tech, Pete Malandrone have been active since 2001 in an ongoing collaboration with House Music under the BRIAN MAY GUITARS brand, a hugely successful vehicle for a range of modern fretted instruments and accessories inspired by Brian's "Red Special", the iconic instrument he constructed with his father more than 50 years ago that has since become as celebrated as the great man himself.