The NS610 Traditional Double Bass 5 String Set features a stranded steel core with nickel windings and is constructed and tensioned similarly to acoustic bass strings for a warm tone and great bow response.
Stranded steel core strings feature a core made out of very thin steel wires braided together in a rope-like matrix. This provides the strength of steel but with exceptional flexibility and elasticity. The complexity of the stranded core affords strings a wider range of tone than that of solid steel strings, with a tonal palette that is generally brighter and more focused when compared to gut or synthetic core strings but with a rich, low end response. They provide players with easy bow response, often favored by the lower strings, as well as a subtle touch for those who play electric instruments or alternative styles.
- 5-string double bass string set, with low 'B'
- 3/4 size bass with a playing length of 106mm (41 3/4")
- NS standard double bass string length (46.5″ wound, 54″ overall)
- Medium tension
- Regular bass tuning G/D/A/E/B (high to low, in 4ths)
- NS standard fit
- Starnded steel core provides optimum playability with a clear, warm tone
- Rich acoustic sound
- Works with magnetic and piezo pickup systems
Developed by NS Design in partnership with D'Addario, this set provides regular 5 string bass tuning (G/D/A/E/B) and is designed to fit all NS 5 string upright basses, as well as those with standard playing lengths, but shorter overall lengths (no tailpiece).