"More Bass... Less Space"
The original, groundbreaking, 21" scale, all-solid wood U-Bass design, launched in 2008 by the Kala Brand Music Co., brings even more of the thunder in its latest incarnation, courtesy of a new under-saddle piezo pickup and onboard electronic system from Shadow.
With its solid Spruce top, this model delivers more mid-range definition than its all-Mahogany sibling, whilst retaining the un-mistakeable U-Bass "thump".
Tuned just like a traditional bass, the U-Bass is ultra-compact, totally unique and a whole lot of fun to play.
The Fretless Spruce Top U-Bass Features
- Mahogany Back & Sides
- Solid Spruce Top
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood lined fretless fingerboard & bridge
- 16 Position Markers
- 21" scale
- Graph-Tech™ Black TUSQ® self-lubricating nut
- Custom Hipshot Tuners
- eparate compensated saddles
- Proprietary Polyurethane strings
- Custom Kala and Road Toad logo inlays
- Shadow piezo pickup electronic system with an active EQ and built in tuner
- Includes a deluxe, custom U-Bass embroidered gig bag
- Meets most airline carry-on requirements